Wednesday 20 April 2016

OUIl602 - Summative position statement

Before the end of the year, I intend on fully completing my promotional material and professional branding to a high enough standard to allow me to send them off to potential employers and agencies. At this point in time, after a lot of thought post PPP presentation, I feel like I have a much better understanding of the position I am in and what I need to do in the coming months in order to achieve my short term goals. I want to focus my energy on doing publishing work and sending my portfolio and books to as many different children's publishers as possible. Although publishing will be the main focus of my practice I don't want to stop experimenting and exploring 3D craft and everything else I didn't get chance to fully involve myself in throughout this year, mainly ceramic work and craft illustration. I know that I need to being pushing my social media more and getting myself known and out there. I want to try and utilise Twitter more, alongside Instagram, to create a professional, but still approachable and funny persona. Finally, my placement at Hallmark in May will give me the chance to professionalise myself and my practice, and gain more feedback from people outside of the course. I think Hallmark will give me the chance to hone my skills in pattern making and really get a feel for applied illustration in it's context, I'm very hopeful about the skills and experience I will gain while at Hallmark and am also hopeful that it may lead to a job afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment