Wednesday 13 April 2016

OUIL602 - Art Bus

Erik's DesignBuss is a mobile design studio owned by designer Erik Olovsson, I really really want to own something similar, which I could use to travel around the UK (and possibly further) to sell my work and also look into doing workshops out of it.
I'd have to look into getting some sort of funding for this, because there is no way I could do this on my own.


Although mine would be quite different on the inside, I'd want some form of sleeping place so I could stay over night in the bus if needs be. I'd need a desk to work on obviously, with lots of storage to keep my art supplies and work. 
I'd have to consider whether or not I wanted to have electricity in the van, so that I could have printers and computers in there too, there's a lot to think about, but it's definitely soemthing I want to put more thought in to for the future, when I have more time and money.

Another mobile studio I found was created by Base Landscape


"Andreas created the Mobile Design Studio because of a simple belief: the best design should be informed by and performed in situ (on the site). Equipped with a bamboo drafting table, a small reference library, solar power and wifi, the studio provides a comfortable, functional, and elegant office that is easily towed behind a car"

This looks like something that could be slightly more realistic than the full on converted camper, although I would still need a car to tow it, and it's no where as big as the camper. 
Hmm, many things to think about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment