Sunday 25 May 2014

OUIL402 - Studio Brief 2 - Digital image making and Final Posters

For the final posters I made the background and text using acrylic paint, then scanned them in an arranged them on top of the digital drawings, I think that the hand made texture of the paint looks a lot more effective than anything made digitally.
















I had fun messing around in photoshop with some textures I had made with newspaper and paint, even though I think they look really nice and quite different to anything ive done before I dont think they suited the tone of this brief very well, but I do plan on using this technique again in the future







I was more happy with the way the below image worked, however i think that the way I ended up doing it, using smaller lines, definitely helped to communicate the narrative better.
The test image below that also helped me to realise that I needed to create the background and text by hand to give it more texture, as the block digital colours didn't work very well.



Overall I was really pleased with the final posters, there are definitely some things I would change, like the type and its placement, but to say this was my first time creating realstic looking images digitally I am really pleased with the outcome, I think the colour scheme works really well to create impact and to create focal points.
Now I plan on changing one of my final pieces or creating a new one in a similar style to screenprint for the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment