Tuesday 27 May 2014

OUIL402 Personal, Professional Practice - Final module evaluation





1.  What learning have you inherited through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied it? Consider differing approaches to contextual/professional research

I have learnt a lot throughout this module. Being made to research other professional work has been a huge benefit to me, both for inspiration for my own briefs and also to help me improve me skills at critically analysing others work, I still struggle with this as I’m not very good at academic writing but I am definitely getting better and will continue to do this over the summer to help me improve further. Although I have not applied the time management skills very well to my own practice and my personal life, I feel like it is a valuable skill that I have learnt which I will try harder to apply next year.


2. What approaches to image making have you developed during this module and what informed such ways of working?

Through my critical research and analysis of what exactly illustration is by looking at contextual references, I have learnt a wide variety of different image making techniques, by looking at different artists and evaluating what I like about their work and what I want to apply to my own work, I think I have made a large collection of work that appeals to me and inspires my own working practice.


3. What strengths can you identify in your practice and how have/will you capitalise on these in the future?

I think one of my main strengths in regards to this brief has definitely been my on going interest in discovering both new illustrators and topics that really inspire and influence me. I have utilised Tumblr a lot more by following illustrators I know I already like and using it to find new ones. I have also started using Pinterest a lot more, as it is a useful way of gathering together different images and organising them to different boards, which is helpful when doing research for different briefs.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your practice and how will you address these in the future?

I think one of my main weaknesses is definitely my time management skills, although I know it is a useful thing to do, I am a very forgetful and unorganised person, so have found it hard to start carrying out the things I have learnt throughout the module. During the summer and next year I intend to apply my time management skills much more to both my practice and my personal life. I intend to start keeping a diary and writing a lot more to-do lists, as I find lists much more helpful than timetables, as I find them too difficult to stick to.





5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.     I want to get much better at time management by keeping a diary and making lists, I expect this to help me be much more organised, which I think will really benefit future briefs.
2.     I want to use a wider variety of resources next year, like screen printing and etching, I expect this to really benefit my practice by giving me a wider variety of skills.
3.     I want to get much better at digital work, like Photoshop and Illustrator, because I think not using digital programs I am really limiting myself.
4.     I really want to refine my tone of voice, I know how to be funny but I want to get better at communicating powerful messages, I think I achieved this with the PPP brief but I intend to get much better at it
5.     I also want to re-start my own Facebook or Tumblr page to put my work onto, so more people can see it. I think being confident and putting myself out there more will definitely benefit me in becoming more confident and being happier with my own work.















6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality



x

Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group


x


No comments:

Post a Comment