Thursday 24 March 2016

OUIL602 - A website tour.


This is the front page of my website, the first thing that someone would see when they visit pigeonsaresick.co.uk. I wanted to keep the front page bold and bright, using my logo as the header and then just putting a simple slideshow of some of my work.
Underneath are links to my Etsy, slideshows of some different projects, an about me page and links to my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
At some point I need to add more links to my RedBubble and Threadless page.


At the bottom of the main page is a little link to a secret page that you can only access from that link, it's kind of a fun extra, nothing serious, and is just a page full of badly drawn dogs. You can never have enough dogs. Even though some people may think this page is silly or unprofessional, I don't really care, because it makes me really happy, and I want to try and portray myself as myself, not as some really serious business woman.  



On my About Me page I have a little illustrated portrait, which I think looks a lot better than a proper photo of me, because I'm really not photogenic. I used this on my creative CV also because I think it's a neat little image, but adds a personal touch. Underneath that I have a little contact form which links to my pigeonsaresick gmail account. 


Finally, each of my project pages has a slideshow of the images, on their own, because I think it helps it stand out a lot better, not having the logo there as a distraction, although I think I could do with putting some information about the project underneath the pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment